History of Mulvane
Founded in 1879 as a railroad/agricultural community, Mulvane, Kansas, was incorporated as a city of the third class in 1883 and changed to a city of the second class on December 20, 2001.
Mulvane, Kansas (USA) is located on the county line between Sumner [SU] and Sedgwick [SG] counties, five miles west of the corner of Sumner, Sedgwick, Butler, and Cowley Counties.
The city was founded in 1879 as a railroad/agricultural community and was incorporated as a city of the third class in 1883 and changed to a city of the second class on December 20, 2001. The original Certificate of Incorporation was filed Sept. 20, 1879, as the “The Mulvane Town Company.” The name Mulvane was selected for the city after deciding Joab Mulvane was inspirational in developing the city.
The local government follows the form of Mayor/Council and serves a population of 6359 people as of 2017. Mulvane is a progressive city with officials and community members alike donating their time for the betterment of the community.
The Mulvane Historical Museum, located in the former Santa Fe Depot at the west end of Main Street, houses community historical information dating back to the 1800s. A book about the history of Mulvane–- The City of the Valley — was completed in 1977.
Mulvane is a city in the United States which spans the Sedgwick and Sumner county line in the state of Kansas. A suburb of Wichita, the population of Mulvane was 6,359 in 2017.
Zip Code: 67110
Altitude: Approximately 1, 320 feet
Average Rainfall: 30.3 inches per year
Official Website: MulvaneKansas.com